Our aims for music are to enable children to:
- perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians.
- learn to sing and use their voices
- have the opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument
- to use technology appropriately
- to create and compose music independently and with others
- understand and explore how music is created
Through our new creative curriculum, years 1 and 2 are currently learning to:
- explore pitch, dynamics and tempo through the use of voices and musical instruments
- explore rhythm, including composing and performing their own rhythmic piece of music
- Listen and respond to a variety of music
Year 3 is learning to:
- Develop an understanding of the history of music
- Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing accuracy
- Use voices and instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- Compose music for a range of purposes
- Perform in ensemble contexts
- Appreciate & understand music from different traditions and from great composers/musicians
Year 4 is currently accessing tuition from the North Lincolnshire Music Service and will be participating in drumming sessions.
Years 5 and 6 are learning to read musical notation.
Currently, we offer the following clubs: Young Voices and Guitar Club.